Stepping into a glorious autumn
Looking for a seasonal activity? Stepping into nature is the perfect way to spend autumn, Isabel Sheppard suggests.
Is there any better way to spend your autumn? Walking might seem boring but it can be lots of fun! Grab your coat, find a warm pair of gloves and smell the fresh Autumnal air.
I love walking through woods in autumn - there’s so much that changes when summer turns to autumn and it’s not just the colour of the leaves. So many new things come to life like certain animals, plants, sounds and smells.
Lastly, here’s a few tips for walking in the woods:
· Dress appropriately – waterproof boots are a good idea.
· Have a map, digital or physical, so that if you do stray off the path you can find your way back.
· Don’t go alone! Adventuring with others is more fun and if you end up lost or in trouble, you’re not alone.
· Take water so that you can stay hydrated.
· Clear up after yourself – especially if you are taking a dog or having a picnic.
Isabel Sheppard, Year 9